About 3 years ago my mom & I moved from an apartment to a house & thought up the interior design & had it remodeled. We bought a lot of books for inspiration & some of my favorites are these interior/fashion books that you can find anywhere at your general Japanese bookstore. The series picks a fashionable city & asks artist business owners to show their homes. My favorite ones are the London & Paris ones because they mix a lot of beautiful vintage pieces with edgy modern pieces which I like to think is a part of my style as well. They have a very rock n roll meets classy ballerina feel that I just can't get enough of. I am currently trying to become more of a minimalist & reinvent my bedroom & am drawing from the books for ideas. Here are some of my favorite pages!
Sunday, March 31, 2013
Thursday, March 28, 2013
Last year I bought an issue of Self magazine that was advertising The Drop 10 Diet by Lucy Danziger. I thought it was intriguing but I never got around to actually doing it. I've finally reread the issue & even bought the book on my kindle to try it out. The point of the diet is not to restrict but to eat more "superfoods" that help speed up your metabolism while also working out. The plan is to eat 1,600 calories a day, 200 of which are "happy calories" that you allow you to splurge on any food you like. If you don't want to use your happy calories you can roll them over for up to four days (800 splurge calories) & use them all at once. It's very reasonable & a lot of the superfoods are actually foods that I really love so I am gradually trying to get myself to convert to the Drop 10 way of eating. Today I've started with a tuna salad with mugicha as well as my morning coffee. The superfoods I have ate today are avocados in my salad & coffee! I am also reading The Good Girl's Guide to Getting Lost by Rachel Friedman. I have a serious wanderlust & this book is all about a former conservative girl's adventures around the world. I recommend it if you love a good memoir & travel stories! It has inspired me to plan a trip to Singapore right now & in June I am going to Portland, Oregon.
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Today March 26th (in the states!) gay & straight allies are taking a stand for their marriage rights in front of the Supreme Court. I'm not highly political however in my sophomore year of high school I was the Vice President of the Gay Straight Alliance. I was not very school spirit but this was & always will be a topic I feel extremely strong about. I grew up having a lot of gay friends & know that loving the same sex does not define a person's moral value. I have seen the struggles that my friends have been through & it shocks me that in this day & age we still must fight for this right & still have this ignorant hatred. When it comes down to it marriage is about love & and all Americans or in my belief anyone in the world (I know it's a long shot) should have the right to be in love with whoever they want. We are all free in this country & yet there is still inequality.
Friday, March 22, 2013
Lately I've been trying to get myself back on the healthy track. I'm not going to kill myself to get the body I want, so slowly but surely. I'm horrible at diets. I am trying to eat better, more home made cooking & most importantly increase my work outs. Today is a lazy Friday, being a couch potato all day long. However & I have indulged in kiwi strawberry vitamin water, home made potato salad & buttery cheese toast with turkey ham. Hopefully I will make up for my lack of work out today when I go to my part time job tonight.
Easy potato salad recipe: boil potatoes, smash em up, chopped onions, pepper, & mayo. :-)
Also all week I have been trying to catch up on the Vampire Diaries. I am what feels like centuries behind. I'm only on season two but I have been going through the season quickly. Not going to lie I'm a
little addicted & there are so many good looking guys on this show! Inspired by all of the blood on the show I reshaped my nails into claws & painted them red. The shaping isn't too great because they were all different sizes & lengths but at least they're fresh again. Also my pups have been lazing about with me all day. They've been on a diet too because their vet said they were on the chunky side for chihuahuas. They're no longer allowed to eat jerky sticks but from time to time I'll give them a fruity, oatmeal dog treat & they seem to like it a lot. :-)
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
LIFE UPDATE: Sorry I haven't updated in forever. I've been burnt out from college & work. I just haven't had much time to myself, but I'm currently trying to fix that. I quit a crappy job I was working, am taking less classes, & am trying to get healthy again. I am going to start blogging regularly again. There will be posts on diet, fashion, travels, beauty, food, gaming, books, etc.
HERE ARE MY CURRENT 9 LIKINGS OF MARCH: (from left to right)
1. Palm Trees. Spring is here & Summer is becoming nearer & nearer. I'm excited for my island life to start feeling tropical again & ready to say bye bye to crummy weather!
2. Iggy Azalea the Aussie rapper. I've been a fan for a while but I've been listening to her more & more lately. She just gets me pumped, especially when I'm up in the gym & she just came out with her new single as well. :-)
3. Tulips. In general I love flowers but since they are becoming in season I have been seeing them around often & have been wanting to get some for my room. This picture is a random pic from tumblr but I can't wait to get my own bouquet to brighten my day.
4. Pin Up. I'm a retro/vintage lover & I love mixing pin-up girl fashion with modern day fashion. Also I'm not really into stick thin figures. I'm all about embracing my curves! ;-)
5. Call of Duty: World at War. I know it's old but I never finished it. I'm trying to get back into gaming now that I have more relaxation time & I've been playing this. It's a decent way to let out my pent up anger.
6. Claws. I love claws. I don't get my nails done anymore because it's just too expensive & I'm only working part time right now. However I've been trying to shape my real nails into claws the best I can. I love these nails that I found on tumblr because not only are they claws but they're OVOXO. I'm a huge fan of the Weeknd & Drake.
7. Damon Salvatore from the Vampire Diaries. I'm watching season two of the series right now & omg he is so bad & sexy!
8. Kindle Paperwhite. My Pa just bought me a kindle since he wants me to be an avid reader. Reading has always been a huge part of life & since I travel often this is just a lighter way for me to take stories with me all over the world. I'll always love the musty smell of library books & continue to check out books though!
9. Michael Kors. I am a huge fan of Michael Kors because he's a great fashion designer & his pieces are gorgeous yet affordable. I recently bought myself a new wallet & wristlet as you can see & I love them so much. As you can see I have an animal print addiction.