Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dauphine's Dresses

Here are the rest of the pictures from the museum displaying Marie Antoinette's dresses & head piece taken straight from her closet! All I can say is what a fashionista! It's really mind blowing to imagine a woman back in the 1770's designing such aesthetically appealing outfits. She really was an artist & continues to be a true fashion icon. She even inspired a Japanese manga called The Rose of Versailles which I hope to read in the future. One of the original manga drawings of the anime version of Marie was displayed at the end of the fashion display. My mother told me that when she was younger the series was a huge hit & thought it was really annoying because her sister had been obsessed with it & wouldn't stop quoting the characters. This cracks me up & I am even more intrigued knowing it played a part in my mother's pop culture!

No comments:

Post a Comment