Thursday, April 11, 2013

Studio Ghlibi Sketch Art

So a few weekends ago I went to see the Studio Ghibli sketch art showing at the Naha museum. I couldn't take pictures of the sketches but basically they were all just original practice sketches for the movies & it was a great chance to see some of the thought process of how they put the animes together. Afterwards they had a huge wall full of "makurokurosuke" as seen in Totoro & Sentochihiro which were all drawn by guests who came to see the showing. My mother & I made our own (CheChe & Mommy) & put it next too a cute drawing of Haku, who is one of my all time favorite Ghlibi characters! I have such a crush on him! Also all around the museum they had Ghibli wall decals which I wish I could have for my house. :-P They even had a illusion floor where you could take a picture on top of Totoro sleeping in his cave as well as a wall with Ponyo. It was a nice mother daughter bonding experience since we both love Ghibli as we both grew up with their films. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous, I would love to have seen it, especially all things Totoro! ^_^ <3

    ReplyDelete